1PX popup closes after logging in with Mac app on Firefox

I recently installed the 1PX 1.17.2 beta on Firefox, but I noticed that whenever I unlock my 1PX popup via my mac app (desktop integration), the 1PX popup instantly closes while entering the Master password into 1Password mini. I then have to manually open it afterwards. This does not occur with 1.17.2 beta on Brave.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – I see what you're saying. The pop-up flashes super briefly at first, but you'd expect it to be opened after typing your Master Password into 1Password mini. Thank you for sharing this with us. I've passed the report along to our developers so they can investigate.

ref: dev/core/core#301

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Thanks! Also, a few things I noticed:

1) Weird black outline on Firefox:

2) Every single time Firefox starts up from full quit, the welcome page for 1PX is prompted. Pretty annoying hah.

3) Start Firefox with 1Password unlocked on the desktop. Firefox gets stuck on "Connecting to 1Password for Mac" like in my screenshot above. 1Password mac hangs (I cannot access 1Password Mini) until I shut down firefox.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – I appreciate you letting us know. I haven't been able to reproduce all three of these issues, so I'm curious what version of Firefox you've got and what operating system you're running.

I'd also like to see your logs after the issue with Desktop App Integration occurs. If you could grab those for me and post them here, that'd be great!

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn, the connection issue went away--if it occurs again I will be sure to grab the logs :).

I am running Firefox 71.0b3 on macOS 10.15.0. The black border definitely looks peculiar and reminds me of another bug with Windows that I reported here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/524531

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – I knew I remembered you reporting something extremely similar in the past. I wouldn't expect a bug to follow you from Windows to macOS. :lol:

After you reported the previous one, did reinstalling end up getting rid of the black border for you?

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

To be honest, I did not try reinstalling it because the black bars didn't bother me a whole lot. I can try that this weekend though. Are you unable to reproduce this issue on Firefox on Mac?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – I've got Firefox Nightly on my Mac, and I'm not able to reproduce it there. Do you see the black border all the time or only on that "connecting to 1Password for Mac" screen? I'll install the Firefox beta just to see if anything's different.

As for the second issue about the 1Password X welcome page appearing every time you open Firefox from a full quit, I'm wondering if you have your settings clearing your cache when Firefox is fully quit.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I do not clear my cache when firefox is quit, but I did notice that the welcome screen constantly popping up has gone away. I think it occurred the first few times I restarted FF because I had not fully allowed it to sync up with my desktop app? If it occurs again I will note the exact causes.

It could also be a graphical issue with my Mac. I am using a rMBP from 2015 on macOS 10.15.0. May just be an isolated graphics glitch.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@jadchaar – Well, I'm glad it went away for your sake, but please do let me know if it comes back so we can look into it.

The 1Password X pop-up should have a shadow around it, but yours definitely looks darker than mine.

This may be a long shot, but do you happen to have any other computers to try it out on?

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I sure do. Mac or PC?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – Let's try a Mac first if you have it.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Alright when I get home later I can try it out :).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I appreciate it, @jadchaar! I'll check on a friend's computer over the weekend as well just to see if I can reproduce it there. :)

This discussion has been closed.