Bug in IOS 1Password sign-in screen?

jlfinkels
jlfinkels
Community Member

I changed my master password and when trying to re-login into my 1password account on the latest IOS app I found that the screen does not leave enough room to do a "paste" action to enter the password. You can still enter it but given how complex passwords have become it would be good to allow for a paste action.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jlfinkels! Welcome to the forum!

This is done on purpose since the idea is that the Master Password is the only one you are required to remember and type to unlock your data. If yours is difficult to type, you could perhaps use a word-based Master Password instead of a random sequence of characters, so it will be easier to type.

• jlfinkels
    jlfinkels
    Community Member

Why not let the customer decide? Some of us have bad vision and not seeing what you type is difficult. It’s like when you forced us to go to a longer master password, password length should be our choice.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

@jlfinkels

Where are you copying your Master Password from in order to paste it? I just tested this and I didn't have any trouble pasting into the Master Password field:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/RPReplay_Final1572017008.MP4)

That said, this isn't something we can recommend. The Master Password should be memorized, not stored.

Edit: I just realized the screen recording doesn't show the password bubbles (smart, Apple). But they appeared as expected on my screen.

Ben

• jlfinkels
    jlfinkels
    Community Member

The master password line does not show up on my iPhone 8. The keyboard overlaps it and the screen will not move up.

I keep the master password encrypted in a separate app so I can do things like this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@jlfinkels:

The master password line does not show up on my iPhone 8.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

I keep the master password encrypted in a separate app so I can do things like this.

Do you mind elaborating on your setup a little bit? Perhaps it will help us improve our own documentation as well, so it would be great if you had some time to help us understand your setup. As Ben and I wrote, we really cannot recommend storing your Master Password anywhere other than in memory.

How exactly do you encrypt your Master Password? And I suppose you decrypt this separate app with yet another password, correct? Where do you store that password in this case?

This discussion has been closed.