How to change 1Password teams login from @mydomain to @icloud email ??

Options

I've 1Password teams account, I login with @mydomain.com email address and I want to change it to @icloud.com email. I tried to add iCloud.com to accepted domains but it isn't allowed?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to change 1Password teams login from @mydomain to @icloud email ??

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AHMED_O: You can't add icloud.com or other well-known public email providers to the allowed domains for the sign up link because then literally anyone with an icloud.com email address would be able to join your team without even being invited. You can change your own account's email address from your Profile page:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Just click "Change Email". I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, Thanks for your response, unfortunately it isn't working. It gives error message "Email address from this domain are not allowed, please use a different one or contact your team admin for assistance"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AHMED_O:

That means that your administrator has not allowed this domain you are trying to change to. Please contact them and request that they add this domain to the list of allowed domains (they will be able to do so in their admin preferences).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options
    • I'm the admin, I tried to add the domain (@icloud.com) but this isn't allowed.

• adding @icloud.com domain isn't allowed as per screenshot 👇

• adding the @icloud.com email isn't allowed as per screenshot 👇

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AHMED_O: There is no such restriction in 1Password itself. You've restricted your account to (a) specific domain(s), like this:

If you have anything in that box, members of your team will only be able to use email addresses matching the domain(s) there. What you need to do in order for members of your team (including you) to use email addresses of arbitrary domains is remove the restrictions you've set:

Hope this helps! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thank you very much Brenty and ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AHMED_O, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.