Upgraded to Samsung S10 Now Master Password doesn't work after connecting to Dropbox

Amethyst25
Amethyst25
Community Member

I just upgraded to a S10 and when I try to sync to my phone my Master Password doesn't work. It worked on the S9 and I used it to open 1Password on my desktop so I know I'm typing the correct password.

1Password for Window V. 7..712 on desktop

HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password not working on phone

Comments

• Hi @Amethyst25. Are you syncing your vault with Dropbox or using a 1Password membership? If you're using a 1Password membership, are you able to sign in from a browser on the Android device?

• Amethyst25
    Amethyst25
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

I finally got it working. But man it took a lot of work and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I have 1Password 7. I used to have the older version of 1Password and used dropbox. But how I got it to work this time was select the 1Password option and scanned in the credentials from my desktop computer AND then was able to used my master password.

Now if I could only get 1Password to work on my work PC via Chrome, it used to, then stopped working.

• Thanks for the update, @Amethyst25. I'm glad you were able to sign into your account from Android. As to your PC, can you elaborate on the problem? Does Chrome have any pending updates? Also, what version of the extension are you using there?

This discussion has been closed.