Option to reveal passwords only after entering mastar pasword again

Hello,

as I user I would like this functionality on Password X in Chrome

bassicly my ideal use case would be entering master password only once when I unlock my computer, or start browser, then I can use autofill, saving credentials etc. all day without reentering master passwords. But if I would like do something more sensitive, like reveal password or edit settings I would have to enter master password again. So maybe something like 2 levels of unlocking app, one for autofill and second for actually opening the app?
I have used Chrome password manager before coming to 1Password, so what I'm describing its their basic funcionality.

Otherwise I really like this app. This is just something that I used all the time and now I'm missing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not something we have plans to do, as that would essentially be security theater: 1Password is already unlocked, those passwords are fillable (and therefore capturable in the browser), so "requiring" the Master Password to show them would not provide any actual security. 1Password is designed so that your data is secure when it's locked, so you can set it to automatically, and lock it manually if you're going to give someone else access to your computer -- though that's not recommended, since they could potentially install malware to capture data there in that case anyway.

This discussion has been closed.