Spouse account frozen, despite Family Plan

pruiter
pruiter
Community Member

Hi,
Since 2010, my spouse and I have had individual accounts under a family multi-user license for v3 and all subsequent upgrades. Please note that this is from the time when you did not have the subscription-model for accounts. I am the main account/license holder.

Since some recent upgrades over the last year or two, the license was "migrated" to a subscription-based Family Account.
Her account is since "frozen" and not useable, and no option exists for me to unfreeze it. I may need some backend help resolve this.

Please advise. Kind regards,

Pieter Ruiter

1Password Version: 6.8.9 / 7.3.2 (spouse)
Extension Version: 4.7.4
OS Version: 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 (spouse)
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Hey @pruiter,

It sounds like each of you signed up for a separate family account? With a 1Password Families account, you only need one account. Up to 5 members of your family can be invited as additional family members on that one account. You can do that by signing into your account on the web, clicking on Invitations in the sidebar on the right, and send an invite to your family members.

That way both family members will be included under the same billing, however you'll each have your own separate Personal vaults. You'll also have a Shared vault that you both have access to, and you can create as many additional shared vaults as you'd like!

I hope that helps clarify things!

• pruiter
    pruiter
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

That is not what happened, but to move ahead, is there a way to merge her account - what ever it currently is - under the joined family account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pruiter:

If your account is not frozen, but hers is, it means that you are using two different accounts, so I think Meek is spot on here.

If she is using a different account, she needs to add the Families account to the 1Password app alongside the one that she is using now, and move items from the wrong account to the correct one.

She can then delete the duplicate account she signed up for after everything has been moved.

This discussion has been closed.