1 Password X Extension

Options

Hi,

I think it would be very helpful if we could select the vault in the extension and it would actually retain our choice. I have two vaults and I don't use one but it continues to default to both. I've changed it directly in the extension and also gone into its settings which opens a new tab and de-selected the other vault. It holds temporarily but then goes back to the "all vaults" setting.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request but it doesn't make too much sense in having the "option" to select which vault but then the setting doesn't hold.

Thanks,

Chris

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ckeseling ,

I have just tested this with 1Password X and it seems to retain my selection. Here's what I did:
    1. Open the browser.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right and select "Settings".
    3. In the "General" section I changed "Save new items in" to the vault I want new logins to be saved in by default.
    4. In the "Accounts & Vaults" section I disabled all vaults except the one I want to work with.

Now when I work with 1Password X it only shows results from that vault and when I save a new login it automatically defaults to that vault. I tried locking and unlocking 1Password X, and also restarting the browser - the settings remained.

Is that not what you are experiencing?

• ckeseling
    ckeseling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron,

Thanks for checking. Yeah it holds it for me too until I close the browser or restart my computer. Then it goes back to All Vaults. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckeseling Yes, it goes back to "All Vaults" but if only one vault is enabled, it will only show logins from that vault even though it says "All Vaults" :)
    Can you please test and confirm it? Does it show you logins from the other vault when it is disabled and you are on "All Vaults"?

• ckeseling
    ckeseling
    Community Member
    Options

Hey yeah - I just closed Chrome, reopened and the extension is back to all vaults (both are showing when I type).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

Thanks for the followup @ckeseling .
    I have tested it yet again to be 100% sure and 1Password X did remember to only show results from the only vault that is enabled.

If it gets reset on your setup every time you close Chrome, could it be that you are clearing cache and history every time you close it? Or perhaps if you're using incognito constantly? Perhaps one of these causes the settings to not be saved.
    If not, my best next suggestion is to remove 1Password X and reinstall it, perhaps that will refresh the settings file and it will be able to save your settings properly.

• ckeseling
    ckeseling
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for checking but it still doing the same thing. In fact I switched over to Firefox because Chrome was being problematic and it's doing the same thing with Firefox. Not sure there's anything else I can do, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the browser extension multiple times and it continues to do the same thing.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hey @ckeseling ,
    How strange. I think we should move this to a support ticket so you can send us a diagnostics report from your computer, the console log from your browser and screenshots of the settings page of 1Password X and of the issue at hand.

Please send these alongside any other information/files you think are relevant to support+extension@1password.com. Make sure to put a link to this discussion in the email so we'll know what it is about :)

This discussion has been closed.