PW generator history

Options

Is the a way to find passwords recently generated? I generated a pw and used it to change the pw on an account but did not get it saved.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Twaskow3

There is. :) We have a guide that can help walk you through it available here:

If you used the password generator and can't find the password to sign in

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Twaskow3
    Twaskow3
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben. That was close but not quite. In Windows minimized 1Password, there is a small generator icon. I clicked that to generate a password, copied and pasted it in the browse where I was setting up a new password for an account. The password was then lost and not saved to an account in 1Password. I hope this better explains my dilemma.

• Twaskow3
    Twaskow3
    Community Member
    Options

The password that is saved in 1Password does not match the password I created for the account.

• You should have a Password item for that website, @Twaskow3. Every time you copy a password from the password generator, it saves a Password item precisely because things like this can sometimes happen. Open the main 1Password app (Ctrl + Shift + ), select Passwords in the sidebar (you may need to expand Categories to see it), and you should find a list of generated passwords here. :+1:

• Twaskow3
    Twaskow3
    Community Member
    Options

That works. Thank you bundtkate

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.