How to handle? Username + Password + Membership Number = Entry

American Airlines wants a Member Number, the User's Last Name, AND a password in order to login. All three fields are required, so best 2 out of 3 won't cut it. How is this to be done in 1Password? Is there a way to add a 2nd "Username" or 2nd "Password" that will then automatically (or manually) be mapped to AA's three input fields? Thanks in advance for any info provided from any source.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member

Hi @williakz:

Is it anything like that described in this thread? https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106382/i-have-a-3-field-login-that-1password-is-not-capturing#latest

If yes, the first answer to this thread has the solution documented,

HTH,

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Thanks a ton, @kv3, you nailed it!

Now all I have to do is get @Ben to explain it to me like I'm a 5-year old. I kept watching the video waiting for it to make sense until I finally realized it was looping (and so was I).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@williakz: I am no Ben, but I'll give it a shot. :) In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login and fill it:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login in 1Password to press Return (or double click) to Open & Fill
    8. Submit the form

And if you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the 1Password, OS, browser, and extension versions you're using, since you left that info out of your original post, so I can test it with my own account be more specific with instructions. :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty. That worked a treat once I used the keyhole in the 3rd field (after I manually filled all three) and the three dots in the drop down instead of the gear.

So, a couple questions:

Looking at the login record in either 1PX or 1P (desktop), where the heck is the info for the 2nd field stored? The website login's 1st field is in 1P's "username" while the 3rd field is in "password" but the 2nd field is MIA. Where's he live?

Is this feature limited to 3 fields total? Or could additional fields also be handled during the initial manual setup of the login? For possible use in a sort of bargain basement macro-writing or form-filling application?

Thanks again for your (un)timely assistance (2:24am!?!).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@williakz: Happy to help! :) 1Password stores what we call "web form details", which contains information about the structure of the page. Some of it is visible in the desktop apps, near the bottom of the login item's details. Technically login forms, per web standards, are only supposed to contain a username field, a password field, and a button to submit the form. 1Password is not a form-filling-macro-app, but rather a password manager. I can, however, often save and fill in non-standard login scenarios when the page at least contains readable data and field identifiers which 1Password can use to have some idea of what should go where. So it's really mostly a matter of trying it, and we're glad to assist where we can too. Cheers! :)

(On a side note, it's 02:20 here now. So I guess we're both night owls!)

This discussion has been closed.