Upgrade from 6 to 7 brought in outdated passwords

Options
brising
brising
Community Member

I upgraded to version 7 last week. I thought that some entries weren't imported, but thought it could be my imagination. Then I realized that some outdated passwords were in the new version 7 database when some logins failed. So, it appears that an out-of-date backup was imported.

I cannot simply delete my version 7 items and reimport, because I've added passwords since I upgraded

Does anyone have any tips about how I could maybe re-import the version 6 items, but keep only those that are conflicting?

Thanks for any tips

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brising! Welcome to the forum!

You could order your items by date created in 1Password 7, so the newest ones will be listed at the top. Now you can delete anything older than the date where you upgraded, and import the old backup again ;)

• brising
    brising
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. I think this worked after having to some file renaming to get 1Password to recognize its own backups. This will be a hope-it-worked game, because many of the items imported from the backup came in with today's date as their creation date. This is all a bit scary, as one would expect that updating wouldn't require hoping that the imported passwords are correct. Anyways, thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brising - I can't say exactly what might have happened in your case since I wasn't there to witness it firsthand, but the import process usually does work as you describe: pretty seamlessly. 1Password 7 for Mac copies the local database from 1Password 6 for Mac directly. Let us know how it goes, and if things still look wrong to you - or you can see that there are items missing/incorrect, we can take a closer look via a diagnostics report. You shouldn't need that, but let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.