1password X Chrome Extension keeps freezing

Options
katiegielen
katiegielen
Community Member

I'm using a Macbook with Chrome (Version 78.0.3904.70) - when I try to use the 1Password X Chrome Extension, both the extension and my browser freeze for minutes at a time. See photo below - it never gets past this point. Issue has persisted for 1-2 weeks now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @katiegielen! I'm sorry for the trouble. That's certainly not normal behavior. I can't say offhand what might be causing it, but the first thing I'd try is deleting the 1Password X extension and re-installing. Make sure to restart your Mac before re-downloading 1Password X. Do you also have 1Password 7 for Mac installed?

• katiegielen
    katiegielen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I should have mentioned that I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing and I'm still experiencing the same issues. I do have 1Password 7 for Mac installed and have been using that for the time being.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@katiegielen - thanks for the clarification. You listed the current version of 1Password X, but I'm wondering whether you've updated Chrome recently? Not sure that would make any difference, but before we do any kind of deeper dive, I'd recommend making sure the versions of all the parts are up-to-date, and you've restarted your Mac. I'd also suggest shutting off the other 1Password extension ("desktop app required") while you try testing this. One other thing I might try, if you're amenable to it, would be giving the beta of 1Password X a try -- see if that makes any difference. If none of that makes any difference, let me know and we'll move on to further troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.