error trying to create a password

munkyboy
munkyboy
Community Member

When trying to add a "password" item, I'm getting the error:

Validating item failed: "[ItemValidator] has found 1 errors, 0 warnings: \nErrors:{1. Password item requires ps value}"

the password template doesn't seem to have a ps field
op get template password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@munkyboy you seem to be right about that, I'm going to look into why the template doesn't have that value.

For now, you can create a password item in one of the desktop/mobile apps, then run op get item [name] to see its JSON, and copy the details portion of it to create a new item using the CLI, instead of using the template directly.

• munkyboy
    munkyboy
    Community Member

ps is under overview , not details. Can you show an example template that illustrates where ps should go? I tried adding it as top level element and it did not work. i.e.

{
      "notesPlain": "",
      "sections": [],
      "passwordHistory": [],
      "password": "",
      "ps": 100
    }

• Note that if you copy the JSON from an existing item, the ps value stands for password strength, and is what will control how strong the password appears to be in the app.

Rick

• ginkz182
    ginkz182
    Community Member

I'm getting the same error. Can someone please provide the JSON template that is working? Im trying with several things but still no luck.

It always return {1. Password item requires ps value}

• dschneller
    dschneller
    Community Member

Same here. This breaks our whole automation setup. Could you please provide a valid template quickly?

• dschneller
    dschneller
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    {
      "details": {
        "password": "secret",
        "passwordHistory": [],
        "sections": [
          {
            "name": "linked items",
            "title": "Related Items"
          }
        ]
      },
      "overview": {
        "ps": 100,
        "title": "My Secret"
      }
    }

=> [LOG] 2019/10/29 13:39:37 (ERROR) Validating item failed: "[ItemValidator] has found 1 errors, 0 warnings: \nErrors:{1. Password item requires ps value}"

• felix_1p
    felix_1p
    1Password Alumni

@munkyboy , @ginkz182, @dschneller : We have just released v0.7.1 to address this issue. With this release the default template should work as is (i.e. no changes to the template are necessary). We are very sorry for the inconvenience!

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/CLI#v70101

If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

• ginkz182
    ginkz182
    Community Member

@felix_1p Already updated to 0.7.1 and it's working perfectly for me. thanks a lot!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ginkz182, on behalf of felix_1p, you are very welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• dschneller
    dschneller
    Community Member

Also confirmed. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.