HELP! - Secret Key Sync Problem

Options
mjkent
mjkent
Community Member

Hello,

I'm not sure I initiated this thread in the right place, but here goes:

I just created my account this morning; it's my first time using 1Password and I created a family account with the intention of including 4 members. I received a Secret Key, which I downloaded in my emergency kit and wrote down on a piece of paper. As I'm trying to login, I'm being told the Secret Key should start with a different alpha-numeric sequence than I wrote down, is contained in my Emergency Kit, and is autopopulating in the prompt I'm using to sign in.

Am I missing something? I was planning on including my parents on this account, but this wrinkle is spooking me that it will be too buggy for them and they will immediately revert to sticky notes and excel spreadsheets. Please help.

Thanks.

Matt

(I don't know what version I'm using; I just downloaded everything and am using iOS and Mac devices - my folks would use windows)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Suggest you hang in there and work with the friendly and competent 1Password folk here to get you up and running. While there are a few minor wrinkles with the software itself, it really is amazingly functional, robust, and secure: it will serve you and your family well. FWIW, a large proportion of problems reported here deal with "upgrading" from earlier versions of the software as well as deploying different "helper" apps across browsers, devices, and operating systems/versions. Since you're starting fresh, you can expect to avoid those problems. Good luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mjkent!

As I'm trying to login, I'm being told the Secret Key should start with a different alpha-numeric sequence than I wrote down, is contained in my Emergency Kit, and is autopopulating in the prompt I'm using to sign in.

Typically this happens if you are trying to login to the wrong account, at the wrong URL. Can you please try using https://my.1password.com and see if your Secret Key is accepted there?

This discussion has been closed.