1Password update emptied my vaults

Options
jnreich
jnreich
Community Member

I have been running 1Password6 on my Mac. I have been very happy with it. I decided to try the trial for 1Password 7. That migration was terrible and I do not like the 1Password7 interface. I saw a 1Password update show up and I thought that might make it better. Instead, my instance of 1Password6 was deleted and all of my vaults are now empty.

I have been a faithful user for years. Please convince me to stay.

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password update emptied my vaults.

Comments

• jnreich
    jnreich
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting the Mac has helped with 1Password7 and I still lost 1Password6, which I prefer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jnreich:

Is there anything specific that you don't like about 1Password 7? We'd love to hear your thoughts about it, and knowing exactly what it is that you don't like will help us give you some suggestions :)

• jnreich
    jnreich
    Community Member
    Options

Prior to version 7, when I was on a page that needed password or credit card information, one click on the 1Password extension would fill in the blank. No longer. Prior to version 7, when I clicked on a 1Password entry, a new tab would be started and filled, now, that process takes at least three clicks. Had 1Password worked like this when i first started using it years ago, I would have dropped it then.

The latest "upgrade" removed my previous version of 1Password6 that had a perpetual license.

All of this combined makes 1Password suck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jnreich:

Prior to version 7, when I was on a page that needed password or credit card information, one click on the 1Password extension would fill in the blank.

What happens when you are on a page with a login form and you press the "Cmd + \" keyboard shortcut in 1Password 7, instead of clicking on the browser extension button?

This discussion has been closed.