Auto log-off and 1Password remembering master password?

Options
ken228
ken228
Community Member

Hello! I'm new to the forum and to 1Password. I signed up for the Family plan, and we are using the 1Password X extension on Chrome.

I've noticed that when 1Password logs me out automatically after 10 minutes, it is allowing the master password to autofill from my 1Password account. Is that how it's supposed to work? It seems that it would require me to re-type my master password.

Thanks!

Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ken228! Welcome to the forum!

I've noticed that when 1Password logs me out automatically after 10 minutes, it is allowing the master password to autofill from my 1Password account. Is that how it's supposed to work? It seems that it would require me to re-type my master password.

Can you please clarify this a little bit? Is 1Password autofilling your Master Password or do you have to enter it every time?

• ken228
    ken228
    Community Member
    Options

It autofills only after I've been logged out after 10 minutes. When I first log-in, it is not auto-filling for the master password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ken228:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you open your Chrome browser and go to Settings > More Tools > Extensions, how many 1Password extensions do you see there?

• ken228
    ken228
    Community Member
    Options

Just 1 extension.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ken228 - do you have Chrome's built-in password manager enabled? Might that be what's filling in your Master Password? You can check in chrome://settings/passwords, and we do recommend you turn off your browser’s built-in password manager. Let us know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.