Is there a way to add another user (family member) under my current 1password 6 license?

Options

I would like to set my mom up with 1password on her computer. Is it possible to do this by downloading 1password 6 and using my license, then creating a new vault? I'd like her to have her own master password.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jhljhl: Thanks for asking! 1Password is sold per person per version, but 1Password 6 was discontinued last year and is no longer being sold. However, a 1Password Families membership would work, and bring a lot of additional benefits for you and your mom (and perhaps others):

• It's easy to share vaults securely, so you can each give each other access to important information that might be needed in an emergency.
    • Automatic offsite backup and item history are included, so losing your devices doesn't mean losing your data.
    • Family Organizers can perform account recovery for other family members if they forget their Master Password or other account credentials.

If you'd like help making the transition, just shoot me an email at support+forum@1password.com and we'll go from there to get you all set up. :)

This discussion has been closed.