Standalone license

2»

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@69800:

Is any body there? My 1password is unusable...

Even if the 1Password extension does not work in your browser, you can still use the 1Password desktop app while we troubleshoot this. Also, as you wrote in a previous message, it does work properly in Opera for you, so the issue lies just with Firefox.

Please send us a diagnostics report from your computer to [email protected] so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• I have sent diagnostics report and am waiting for a ticket

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you @69800! It might take a few minutes for the system to send you a confirmation email, so please let us know when you have received it.

• RHS-31949-382. The told me to try but this did not work.

Open 1Password and choose 1Password > Exit.
    Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialogue.
    Type 1Password.exe --setup and press enter.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the ticket number! I see that Kate is helping you over there already, so to avoid duplicating support efforts, let's keep the conversation going via email now ;)

ref: RHS-31949-382

• I used Glary Utilities and cleaned my registry. The must have been a conflict somewhere but it fixed the problem.

I only have one more question

1 The small icon that shows me 1password is running in the lower corner of my desktop. When I click it it opens the mini app but I would like it to open the whole maxi app instead. Is there anyway to do this?

thanks

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@69800:

I see that you have also emailed us with the same question. Let's keep using one method so we don't duplicate support efforts. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

In case it helps anyone else though, Control-clicking the 1Password notification tray icon will open the main 1Password app windows instead of 1Password mini. Cheers! :0

• I know this has been asked a lot. But I still haven't found the answer I need.

How can I buy a licence?

I've downloaded version 7 from the website. It has a link that says 'want a licence, we have those too' on a splash screen. But when I click on the link it just tells me to download the app from the website (which I've just done). I'm stuck in a loop.

I think either please make it easier to find the link to the standalone licence, or just stop selling standalone licences. Ideally please just make it easier to find.

please can you send me the link to the standalone licence?

Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@benweedon

Did you download 1Password from our website, or from the Mac App Store?
    What do you see when you click the "need a license" link? Can you post a screenshot, please?

please can you send me the link to the standalone licence?

The purchase has to be done within the app.

Ben

• Sure - I downloaded it from your website (as mentioned above). Now when I open it I don't see the splash screen. How do I get that to reappear? I've tried closing the app down and reopening it but no sign of it.

• Any chance you could just post the web link to get a licence?

• hey no worries - I had to completely uninstall the app, then reinstall it, then a different splash screen opened up and this time the link worked and went to the payment screen (it didn't work before).
  • ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update! :+1:

• ah - but now I have another issue. It now works on my MacMini. I tried to install it on my laptop and it is only in Read Only mode. Each time I try to select an item in my value I get the splash screen again. I've connected it to the same iCloud vault as my MacMini's one. Please can you let me know what I need to do?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@benweedon:

Is iCloud Keychain enabled on both of your Macs?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@benweedon: If nothing else, applying the license from the email the same way you did on your other Mac will do the trick. :)

• OK thanks. Also, what's the process of setting it up for another user account on the same Mac? Thanks!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@benweedon: Licenses are only valid for a single user, so it's not applicable. You'd need to purchase another, or perhaps better yet look into getting a 1Password Families membership instead. Happy to help you make the transition, if that would be a better fit. :)

• No it's OK thanks. I've been through enough crap dealing with the transition from 1P 6 to 1P 7, I'm trying to minimise my use of 1P now and move to something else. I just need it for legacy. Thanks anyway though. :)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Best of luck. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.