I cannot migrate existing account to new online account using 1 password 7 MAC Application

I have just create a new online account. I am an existing user of 1 Password (Version 6 on MAC and running IOS Apps, vault in dropbox). None of the migration options are available to me per the online instructions. I was not automatically asked to migrate and instructions for doing it manually say: "Choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault, and select a vault in your new account.
Choose Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account." When using the vault dropdown menu on 1 password 7 on my MAC, there is not a "Switch to Vault Option" - I only have edit personal vault, exclude from vault and manage access to personal vault.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1
Sync Type: old sync, dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cannot migrate existing vault to new online account

Comments

• drneslo
    drneslo
    Community Member

Please let me know if you need more information. Also, I don't see any phone support for 1 Password - am I missing it or is there none? Thanks for your help.

• drneslo
    drneslo
    Community Member

Is this because the account is not local but on dropbox? If I also use the application on an ipad or phone, should I sign-in with my new online account there (using the setup code) and will it prompt me to migrate my old data (and then become available on 1 Password 7 for my MAC when I sign-in to that App the next time?) . Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drneslo! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: PIA-26849-556

This discussion has been closed.