After recovery, master PW works online and on iOS but not Mac.

Options
martywass
martywass
Community Member

I have a team member who just had account recovery today. After recovery, she was able to sign into 1Password on the web, as well as 1Password on her iPhone. However, 1Password for Mac didn't seem to get the memo. She tried her new password to no avail; it seems that the Mac app isn't conntecting properly to refresh the master password. I attempted to delete the app, and all supporting files. I must have missed something, because it still prompted for a master password instead of signing into an account.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:master password not updating

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @martywass!

In order to delete all 1Password information, uninstalling won't be enough: you need to start over with the app ;)

• martywass
    martywass
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! Thanks for responding, and thanks for the advice. We just went ahead and tried this. However, for some reason, her master password still isn't working (just on the mac app!).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martywass:

After you started over following those instructions, what did you see when you launched 1Password again? Did you see the Master Password field or did you see the first launch window, the one that allows you to configure the app from scratch?

This discussion has been closed.