How to add an existing vault that on another Mac

Options
tejasdave
tejasdave
Community Member

I have recently upgraded to 1PW7 on one Mac where there is a vault that was originally named Private but that is now named Personal on both the Mac and on 1Password.com. I don't recall selecting the name Personal, so it might be a default name.

On another Mac I am now ready to upgrade 1PW6 to 1PW7. The vault on the other Mac named Private. I want this vault to be distinct, with another name, and not be merged into the existing Personal vault.

Would you please tell me how to do this.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tejasdave - if you've got both a vault called Private and a vault called Personal, then it sounds very much as if you've created two different 1Password accounts. That's probably not what you intended to do, but unless you renamed one of your vaults yourself, that sounds like what you've done. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108776/how-to-add-an-existing-vault-that-on-another-mac
    • Your forum username: @tejasdave

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• tejasdave
    tejasdave
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, would you please post Support ID number here. I did receive Support Forum email with a "Click here to reply" but no support ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tejasdave:

Can you please look at the subject line in the email you received? Your support ID should be there within square brackets.

• tejasdave
    tejasdave
    Community Member
    Options

The subject line reads "[1Password Forum] Lars commented on How to add an existing vault that on another Mac."

[1Password Forum] didn't seem to a particularly unique support ID, but if that is the ID, then I'll use it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tejasdave:

That's the notification email from the forum. To get a support ID, please email support+forum@agilebits.com as per the instructions posted by Lars above. After emailing us, you will receive an email confirmation with a support ID.

This discussion has been closed.