Duplicate Passwords for Same Domains

Options
RNRNRNRN1717
RNRNRNRN1717
Community Member

Hi,

There have been several discussions about turning off the duplicate passwords warning. My concern - or perhaps it is a feature request - is not being able to turn off the warning for organizations and companies. For example, my employer (a university) has a multitude of ways to login to various services. All require our user id and password. It is simply not possible to create a new password.

This also applies to a newspaper I subscribe to and a few other organizations.

Richard

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @RNRNRNRN1717! Thanks for taking the time to share your use-case with us. If you've been reading other threads on this issue, one suggestion you've probably run across already is to use multiple URLs in a single Login item. It means you won't be able to simply double-click an item from within the main 1Password window for Go & Fill functionality (unless you're wanting to visit the URL in the "main" URL position). But it should work to keep you from experiencing the Reused Passwords banner warning, if that's your main goal. There's some discussion internally regarding how to keep that functionality working while streamlining it to allow users to avoid warnings for things they can't avoid (such as what you're describing here), but I've nothing firm to announce regarding it right now. Thanks for your patience.

• RNRNRNRN1717
    RNRNRNRN1717
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply, Lars. Much appreciated. I will give this a try.

Best,

Richard

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RNRNRNRN1717 - you're quite welcome -- let us know how you get on. :)

• gillissmcd
    gillissmcd
    Community Member
    Options

This is my issue. It would have to be done very carefully, but some sort of "merge" feature would be super useful. My organization has me reset my main password every few months and uses 2-factor authentication, but that password is used with over 10 URLs. It'd be great to be able to change them all at once by acknowledging that the duplicated passwords really should be duplicates.
    Copying and pasting all the URLs into one item seems tedious.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing your perspective, @gillissmcd.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.