Not filling in all fields on non-English webpages

Options

Hi,
On some non-English websites, 1Password does not fill in all the fields; on some it fills in only the username and on others only the password. It behaves consistently on any given website. I followed the instructions for manually saving a login, but the behavior stayed the same. Any suggestions for how to get it to fill in both fields?
Thanks, Hershel

1Password Version: Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:non-English

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hsafer

Could you please provide an example URL where this is not working?

Ben

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

On this website it fills in only the username:
    https://login.bankhapoalim.co.il/cgi-bin/poalwwwc?reqName=getLogonPage&nsv=y

On this website it fills in only the password:
    https://online.maccabi4u.co.il/dana-na/auth/url_44/welcome.cgi

Thanks,
    Hershel

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hey @hsafer ,

We know about Bank Hapoalim and it is already under our dev's radar. We're hoping that there will be something we can do about it since they are actively trying to prevent autofilling from happening in that login form.

Regarding Maccabi's website - I did manage to autofill using our latest beta of 1Password X, which is a good sign as it means that the newest autofilling logic of our extension can handle that website better. If you'd like to give it a go and try it for yourself, feel free to install 1Password X beta and save a new login for that website, then try to autofill: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-x-beta-–-passwo/khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf?hl=en

ref: dev/core/filling-issues#622

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, @Yaron.

Re Bank Hapoalim - Amazing that they want to prevent autofilling. I would think that they would want to encourage use of password managers.

I will give 1Password X a try with Maccabi. Just to be sure that I don't mess up my computer - Do I need to disable or uninstall the 1Password 7 extension in Chrome before I install 1Password X?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @hsafer ,
    Indeed, banks are problematic because they try to "overprotect" but end up hurting users security. We actually wrote an open letter to the banks that our users can send to their banks. We already had success with several Canadian and American banks and they actually listened, perhaps if you send it to Bank Hapoalim it will have some impact: https://blog.1password.com/an-open-letter-to-banks/

When you install 1Password X it will automatically disable the 1Password 7 extension in your browser. Give it a try and if you like it - keep it. If you don't, you can remove it and enable the other extension back on. :)

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Yaron,

I installed 1Password X Beta and tried it on the Maccabi site. It sort of worked. First I clicked on the extension's icon in Chrome and typed the name of my Maccabi account, then Go; it took me to the webpage but did not fill in any fields. I then clicked on the 1P icon again and Autofill; it filled in only the password. Then I clicked in the TZ field. Sometimes 1P filled in the TZ field right away, and sometimes I had to click on the 1P icon a third time and select Autofill a second time. But it's progress!

Keep up the good work,
    Hershel

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    Options

And I wrote to my bank, with a link to the 1P letter.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @hsafer .
    I believe you need to save a new login for the Maccabi website in order for 1Password X to record everything correctly on this website.

Please try deleting the current login you have in 1Password of the Maccabi website, then go to that website and manually fill in your details, then click the little 1Password icon that shows up in the password field and save it as a new login. Then refresh the page and see if all fields are being autofilled :)

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that solved the problem. Thanks, @Yaron.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.