WLAN sync only showing primary vault on ipad

serky
serky
Community Member

Hello

I use WLAN sync to manage my password data on 1 mac and multiple ios devices.

I recently purchased a new mac and need to set 1Password with my historical data, folder sync and WLAN sync.

I have transferred 2 .opvaults to the new mac, created the 2 vaults in 1Password and set up sync with local folders. This works correctly but I now need some help re WLAN sync. I have set up WLAN sync for both vaults to my iPad but only the primary one is syncing.

On the iPad, I have selected 'settings\vaults\sync additional vault' but it only shows my primary vault and 'sync with drop box' as an option.

Have I missed a setting?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6 Mojave
Sync Type: Local WLAN sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @serky!

Have you selected the additional vaults that should be synced in 1Password for Mac? Only those selected there will be synced via WLAN.

You can make sure this is the case by opening 1Password Preferences on your Mac > Click the WLAN Server icon and turn on “Run a WLAN server from this Mac to sync with iOS and Android devices”. In here, you can choose which vaults to include.

Your Primary vault is always included so perhaps that's why this is the only vault that is syncing for you.

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

Yes, i have selected the required vaults. I have also used all the tips in the WLAN troubleshooting guide and nothing helps.

I stlll have my old mac set up so when I set up the sync i am prompted to select which server I want to use ie - old mac or new mac. If I select the old mac the chosen vaults and data sync very snappily; if I select the new mac, only the primary vault syncs (though very slowly).

With the new mac setup, I have changed from Sierra to Mojave and free Avast to Bitdefender. I have tried uninstalling Bitdefender and installed Free Avast instead; and with no antivirus at all, but neither option has helped. Is there something in Mojave causing an issue?

Thanks

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

I am adding to my previous comment.

I tried the process again but completely deleted 1password from both my mac and iPad. I also installed Free Avast so that the only difference with my old mac was the OS. I installed 1Password on the mac and iPad and set up WLAN sync with one dummy entry in the primary vault. It synced correctly. I then created 3 real vaults on the mac, folder synced each with my 3 .opvault files and then ran sync with the iPad. It synced correctly; this suggests that BitDefender somehow interferes with the syncing.

I uninstalled Avast, installed BitDefender and added a dummy entry to a vault on my Mac. This synced correctly. I’m not sure what this means; maybe Avast fixed some settings so that BitDefender could work.

There is one problem still. If I delete a vault from the Mac, it does not automatically delete from the iPad so I had to manually delete it. This problem occurred whether Avast or BitDefender was installed.

As an aside, there were some similar queries to this but the resolution was not posted on the discussion but rather taken offline via email. It would be better if the information was included in the discussion so that others could learn from the troubleshooting.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@serky: It isn't up to us to decide for users what information of theirs is shared here in a public forum. If they choose to though, that's fine. :)

I'm glad you were able to sort things out so that 1Password was no longer prevented from syncing your data, as we don't have any affiliation with or control over 3rd party software, so we couldn't have really helped with that aspect.

But regarding vaults, that's expected: disabling sync for one or more of them doesn't delete them from other devices which already have that data. You'd need to remove them yourself from Settings > Vaults.

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. How do I close this ticket?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We can do that for you :)

This discussion has been closed.