When will you roll out support for SSH keys or at least custom templates?

j08lue
j08lue
Community Member

I have seen numerous older posts asking for a nice template for storing SSH keys - either in dedicated multi-line-supporting text fields (e.g. on server items) or as a dedicated item template (much preferred!).

I can see you pledged 2-3 years ago to look into this and mentioned a beta feature for custom templates at some point.

We are trying out 1pwd for our software dev team (Teams plan) and SSH keys are important information to store securely and nicely.

Do you have any plans of rolling this out? I really do not consider this a "pro" feature, so I would expect it to be available in Teams plan. Considering to move to LastPass instead otherwise...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ssh keys

Comments

• Hi @j08lue

I doubt we'll add any additional pre-defined templates. Because everyone wants something different, the time investment vs reward there would seemingly be pretty far off balance. Instead we would like to introduce custom templates. This is something that is currently in beta, but I couldn't speculate when / if it'll be out of beta, and if it is released which levels of service it will be available for.

Considering to move to LastPass instead otherwise...

I hope you're able to find a solution that works for you, even if it ends up not being 1Password. Best of luck. :+1:

Ben

• j08lue
    j08lue
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, Ben. I'll stick around for a few months more and wait for the feature...

• Sounds like a plan. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.