My password quit working

Options

My password quit working after I attempted to move my stand alone subscription to my new laptop. I attempted to transfer the files into my computer and I asked me to sign in with a secret key. (I have a stand alone version,) I put in my license # and of course it wouldn't work. I tried so many things that I have forgotten the sequence of events. I finally was able to use the wizard to set up the app in my new laptop. I think that this caused my password to quit working in my old laptop AND my new one. I don't know my 1Password Ext Version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: ? Use WiFi hotspot
Referrer: forum-search:My password quit working after I attempted to move my stand alone subscription to my new laptop.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SamFlippo: Just to make sure we're on the same page here, "standalone" and "subscription" are completely unrelated.

A license is purchased for a specific version of 1Password, to use as a standalone app.

A subscription is for a 1Password membership which includes all the apps and updates, built-in sync, automatic offsite backup for 1Password data, etc.

It sounds like you have the former: specifically a license key for 1Password for Windows version 4. That won't work with any other version, and is also not the same as the Secret Key you would have with a 1Password membership account.

If you'd like to switch to a 1Password membership in order to be able to simply sign in to access your data on all your devices, I'll be happy to help you make the transition. Just shoot me an email at support+forum@1password.com and we'll go from there.

Otherwise you can use the download link and license info from your purchase email to use the version you paid for. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• SamFlippo
    SamFlippo
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot sign in to my 1password4 app on my new computer. I do not have a secret key, Only a license #. I have been trying to get help since Nov 11. For some reason 1password does not recognize my email address. my new laptop is windows 10.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I cannot sign in to my 1password4 app on my new computer. I do not have a secret key,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@SamFlippo: As I mentioned earlier, a license will work with the specific version you purchased and is unrelated to a 1Password membership with a Secret Key. Anyway, I see that you've been in contact with Ashley as well via email, so I'll close this and follow up with you to avoid confusion and duplication of effort, which will just slow down response times for everyone -- including you.

ref: DJQ-88739-922

This discussion has been closed.