my.doculivery.com - username field not filled

freediverx
freediverx
Community Member

The 1Password Safari extension doesn’t fill in the username field on the website I use to access my paycheck records. This applies to both iOS and macOS.

It does work correctly when using the built-in web browser in 1Password. But I don’t want to use that.

https://my.doculivery.com/External/Carnival/Login.aspx

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@freediverx: Does it work if you use the 1Password extension? https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@freediverx: That's surprising, because that uses the same filling engine that 1Password's built in browser does. Are you sure you're not confusing it with iOS Password Autofill? https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

The other possibility is that the username and password fields are in a frame being loaded from another location. 1Password cannot interact with frames due to iOS/Safari security. But Autofill may work in that case.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

And every time it fails, you have to enter your 1Password password.

@freediverx: It sounds like you either didn't unlock the main 1Password app with your Master Password first, or you have 1Password Settings > Security > Lock on Exit enabled. Can you check that?

Also the splash screen is blinding white even when using dark mode.

It depends on the app. If you're in an app that supports dark mode, the 1Password extension UI will be dark too. Apps that have not updated for dark mode though will request only the light UI in iOS.

Just tested again on my iPhone... Within 1Password, I click on the link, it opens up the login page in 1Password's built-in browser, and auto-populates both username and password.

That makes sense. To be clear, while the built-in browser is extremely limited, the one reason we still have it is that it's the only way for 1Password to Open & Fill when selecting a login URL. If we send a URL to Safari, Safari takes it from there; it is not possible for 1Password to tell it to fill using the extension or autofill afterward.

In Safari, open same URL, User ID field auto-selected but not autofill options offered. If I tap in the password field, then I can autofill from either Safari's keychain or from 1Password.

It sounds like there's likely something wrong with that webpage then, because I can't think of another case where Autofill did not come up when tapping in a username or password field. Unfortunately that's not something 1Password has control over. The extension can be brought up from the [ ↑ ] Share menu at pretty much any time...but it's likely that whatever the problem is on that page will result in 1Password not being able to understand it either.

I can't confirm this for sure since there is no way to inspect it on iOS, but what I'm seeing when I do so in Safari on my Mac is that this is not a login form at all; it's a table:

Not anything we can do about that that will help on iOS. Really, they just need to update their site using web standards from within the last 30 years for login forms. :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@freediverx: I hope you don't mind, but I am going to sail right past your comments about other companies I have no experience with and just make a few about one that I do: 1Password. :lol: While I can appreciate that big announcements can cause uncertainty, rather than "shifting to the enterprise market", we've been there for a while now. 1Password [for] Teams was introduced almost exactly 4 years ago; and it was due to demand from our non-business customers that we even made 1Password Families and then individual memberships in the first place. We really didn't know there would be a demand for the service for personal use, enough to justify building offerings for folks like you and me. But our customers showed us that there was, and we were happy to have an excuse to make it a reality, because not everyone needs the super-powerful features of 1Password Teams (and now 1Password Business), but the technologies we've built for one can in many cases benefit the other. So there's a synergy there, and I'm excited for us to be able to go even further with that in the future. Put another way, the work we do for "the enterprise" also benefits everyone else who uses 1Password in many ways, and will continue to do so as we continue to grow. After all, many people use 1Password for both work and personal stuff, and we all want it to be great for both. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@freediverx: It's sort of the opposite. Rather than feeling "pressure" to grow, we've been growing all along and simply recognize that we need to get better at it, because it's not going to stop any time soon, and there's so much more that we want to do with 1Password that we have not been able to yet. Thanks for sharing our optimism and passion for 1Password, even cautiously. We'll continue to work to earn it. :)

This discussion has been closed.