Mobile to Desktop

Options
cc1
cc1
Community Member

I currently have a vault that I sync only on dropbox, and I want to move it to the desktop version. Is there a way to do this?

PS - I have another vault that I use for iCloud syncing.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password export

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cc1

If the vault is synced with Dropbox you can set up your desktop to sync it from there:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cc1
    cc1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm looking at this link now, and I don't actually see the "Sync" icon mentioned in the Preferences section. I'm using v7.4.1 on Mac. Is this because I'm using the trial version of 1Password on the Desktop? Thanks -Chris

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

• Ben
    Options

@cc1

The only trial we offer with regard to 1Password is a membership trial. Membership is its own sync service, which is also outlined in that guide. You can use the File > Import menu to import your data from Dropbox into your membership trial.

Ben

• cc1
    cc1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for clarifying my second question. For the first part of my question, I believe your documentation is out of date. I do not see a "Sync" option under preferences, and so I don't know how to import the dropbox vault into the Mac desktop app.

The instructions are here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Thanks -Chris

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

@cc1

There are no sync preferences when using a 1Password membership, as sync is handled by the membership itself. You'd use the File > Import menu to bring in the Dropbox vault instead of syncing with it through Dropbox.

Ben

• cc1
    cc1
    Community Member
    Options

I answered my own question so I'm posting it here. In the new user interface you need to go into Preferences -> Advanced and you need to enable the option that mentions "Local Vaults" in order to enable the missing "Sync" menu. My problem is resolved, thanks -Chris

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! :+1: If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.