1Password X not filling

This discussion was created from comments split from: Open and Fill not working.

Comments

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

hmm, i have a similar problem that is not fixed by a reboot. I'm using:

• 1Password for Mac - 1Password 7 Version 7.4.BETA-0 (70400000) 1Password Beta
    • Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • 1Password X (beta) 1.17.4

And a great example is using it to try to autofill for this very forums site!

I have tried:

• Browser restarts
    • Computer restarts
    • Different websites

Happy to start a new thread if that's appropriate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bradical!

Open and fill requires the companion browser extension to work, but you installed 1Password X instead. 1Password X is entirely separate from the 1Password app, so if you need to use open and fill, please install the companion browser extension ;)

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member

To be clear, I'm using 1Password X (beta) which seems to be integrated with the 1Password app, right? Are you saying I should install both extensions? One or the other?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bradical:

To be clear, I'm using 1Password X (beta) which seems to be integrated with the 1Password app, right?

When it comes to locking and unlocking, yes, but not when it comes to filling. The desktop app requires the old extension to fill.

If you find yourself using the open & fill option inside 1Password for Mac more often than you use the browser extension, I recommend using the old extension. Otherwise, if you are happy with using the browser extension alone (without launching websites from the desktop app instead), you can continue usign 1Password X.

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Makes sense. And to confirm, they'd can't really be used in tandem right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bradical:

You can install both of them if you wish :) We normally recommend only using one to avoid confusion, but they can definitely work together and there is nothing that forbids you from installing both at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.