Safari Crashing - iOS 12.4.3 iPad Mini 3.

Options
axolotlimages
axolotlimages
Community Member

Safari will go to a black screen and then exit. The crashes are happening several times a hour when browsing even if I am not accessing pages with passwords. If I disable "Allow Autofilling From" 1Password in Settings/Passwords & Accounts/AutoFill Passwords, the crashes completely stop.

I have erased and restored the iPad from backup. I've cleared history and website data. The only thing that seems to change the behavior is disabling AutoFilling. This seems to have started when I upgraded to version 7. The iPad has almost 98 GB free storage.

This is not happening on my iPhone 6s running iOS 13.2.2 and 1Password 7.4.4.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:ios safari crash

Comments

• axolotlimages
    axolotlimages
    Community Member
    Options

An update. This does not appear to be due to 1Password. Somehow I made it through a day without crashes after disabling Autofilling from 1Password. But the crashes are back today. So the issue must be something else.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @axolotlimages

Well... on the one hand I'm happy to hear the problem isn't with 1Password. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. If Safari is crashing I would recommend reaching out to Apple. Even if 1Password were somehow involved, a problem with 1Password crashing Safari indicates a bug in Safari. That isn't to say we wouldn't also have fixing to do on our end, if that were the case.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.