csv import support for all fields

Mikri
Mikri
Community Member

Hi 1P,

We have an issue to import large number of data in csv format to the Vault, in a way so that each field would be extracted from csv -> Vault correctly.

We can re-produce the problem also when using your csv support page:
https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

So if using that your example “login-example.csv” result is that all filed names (Member Number, Recovery Codes in the example) do not extract to the Vault correctly. So that e.g. “Recovery Codes” field goes to the Other fields and “Fields”.

It’s like you write on that article I mentioned earlier but in my mind correct import result would be that after importing “login-example.csv” there would be field called with “Recovery Codes” and value would be those “c584debad339c771 …..” for that GitHub example.
Or with MEC sample on your “login-example.csv” file, value “1234567” would be found from the “Member Number” field, not from “Other fields” like now when importing.

Is this something you will fix or is there other way to solve this, so that import result would be correct and not that “messy”?
How do you see this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mikri, thanks for spotting this! Supporting column names as field titles is a great idea. While I can't promise a date for this to be supported, I've passed this feedback on to my team. :D

• Mikri
    Mikri
    Community Member

Great. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mikri, on behalf of Tanner_1P, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.