Simplify instructions for resetting sync on iOS using Dropbox

Options
bikerbudmatt
bikerbudmatt
Community Member

Of my three devices using 1PW (MacOS, iOS, and iPadOS or whatever Apple's now calling it), the iPhone 1PW app fell out of sync with the other two (syncing a 1PW .opvault through Dropbox). When I read the tutorial on this site for how to fix it, there was an elaborate set of reset sequences, but no mention in the tutorial of the simplest way to fix a single device's sync problems with Dropbox.

If it is the one device, and you know your remaining devices all have up-to-date 1PW data, simply uninstall the 1PW app from the one device. Then, reinstall it from the App Store.

On launching the reinstalled app, you'll be asked how you are syncing your information. Choose "Dropbox," then watch as the updated information populates the app. You'll be asked for your master password, and that's that.

I'd love if you could add a branch to the troubleshooting tree for this condition. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bikerbudmatt!

Thank you for your feedback. The reason we don't recommend deleting the 1Password app in our documentation is because every user uses 1Password differently: if you have multiple vaults, perhaps even using different sync methods, we don't want to recommend configuring everything again if the issue is just with one sync method ;)

• bikerbudmatt
    bikerbudmatt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I can appreciate the complication with multiple vaults. At the same time, the tutorial seems to focus on Dropbox and a single vault. Why not mention that case, and the simple resolution for those using 1PW that way? Of course, you are supporting many users so if it complicates things in the larger picture, that's understandable.

• Ben
    Options

Indeed. It's something we can consider though. Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.