Universal clipboard sync with a connected iCloud account

Options
harish_ravikumar
harish_ravikumar
Community Member

Does 1Password have a feature to copy the credentials/other info from one Apple device and paste it in another device using universal clipboard sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Apple added the Continuity feature Universal Clipboard to macOS and iOS years ago. I’d suggest checking that out. We’re not going to reinvent the wheel for something that’s built into the OS.

But for 1Password’s purposes, the clipboard should be avoided if possible anyway. You can access your data across devices seamlessly using a 1Password membership, and you can fill information from 1Password in most cases too. If you’ll give me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension version information you omitted from your post, I can go into more specifics on how to do that. :)

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for your feedback. Now I understood that this feature request can be accomplished with the native Apple ecosystem feature.
    I'll test if the Apple's universal clipboard works for 1Password application. I do have a paid membership account for 1Password, which I have installed in all my devices anyway.

I just thought this universal clipboard would help in copying a credential from my iPhone via Face ID and paste it in my touch ID enabled IPad browser (non-Safari) where the native auto-fill suggestions won't work.

See my post on https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106626/1password-autofill-suggestions-between-safari-and-other-browsers#latest where I have mentioned that the auto-fill suggestion of 1Password won't work in the same way as in Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harish_ravikumar: Universal Clipboard is not application-specific, so that's a non-issue. :)

That said, I'd recommend not using the clipboard for passwords if possible, as all apps have access to the clipboard, and there are better options anyway:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Cheers! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.