I upgraded to v7. Where do I find my v6 file so I can import it?

Options

I want to import all my v6 passwords, etc, into v7, but I don't know where they are on my hard drive, or what their file's name is. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded to v7. Where do I find my v6 file so I can import it?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @timcon

Could you please provide a little background here? 1Password 7 should be automatically picking up your 1Password 6 data when you install v7. Is that not happening for you?

Ben

• timcon
    timcon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

Yes, that is happening to me: 1Password 7 is not picking up the 1Password 6 data. How can I make it do that?

Tim

• Ben
    Options

@timcon

To get an idea of what is happening I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108324/i-upgraded-to-v7-where-do-i-find-my-v6-file-so-i-can-import-it#latest
    • Your forum username: timcon

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• timcon
    timcon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

Support ID number is: [#MJP-84353-589]

Tim

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your report. We will take a look and get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: MJP-84353-589

• scuriapino
    scuriapino
    Community Member
    Options

ciao ben
    senti prima avevo la versione gratuita poi lo comprata xk erano tutte congelate le mie vecchie password adesso dopo aver comprato l'apllicazione mi dice che se voglio sovvrascrivere devo pagare un abbonamento di 4,00euro al mese in piu mi sai dire come posso fare

• scuriapino
    scuriapino
    Community Member
    Options

adesso dopo aver comprato l'applicazione per passare i dati mi dice se voglio sovvrascrivere i dati devo pagare un abbonamento di 4,00 euro al mese mi sai dire come posso fare

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scuriapino: There is no "free version" of 1Password. If you purchased 1Password previously, you can continue using the specific version you paid for. Any other versions must be purchased separately, unless you have a 1Password membership, which includes all the 1Password apps and updates. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Google translation:

Non esiste una "versione gratuita" di 1Password. Se hai acquistato 1Password in precedenza, puoi continuare a utilizzare la versione specifica per cui hai pagato. Tutte le altre versioni devono essere acquistate separatamente, a meno che tu non abbia un abbonamento 1Password, che include tutte le app e gli aggiornamenti 1Password. Per favore fatemi sapere se avete domande.

This discussion has been closed.