To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot master password

Options
Inessa
Inessa
Community Member

I just set up my 1password for Families account for the first time, but must have mistyped my master password during the initial setup (twice since it matched and let me finish the process). Now that I've downloaded the app on my Mac and iPhone, I've tried logging in with the Secret Key and email on my phone as well as my Mac, but the Master Password is incorrect. Is there a way to completely reset my brand new account so I can start over? I do have the Emergency Kit with the Secret Key, but can't do much without the Master Password.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SecretKey
    SecretKey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lnessa,

Welcome to the Family of 1Password, in regards to your issue have you checked out https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/ This is the first go to in your situation if you have an issue with the master password. If you need more help please don't hesitate to reach back out to this thread, we are here to help!

SecretKey

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Inessa! Welcome to the forum!

Are you able to login to your new 1Password Families account in a browser, instead of in the 1Password apps?

This discussion has been closed.