Forum Password Reset for the Nth time?

Options
jFred
jFred
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Lounge

Over the weekend, I was asked to reset my password. I saw the notice that the Passwords for the forum had been compromised so I created a new password.

Tonight, I logged into the forum and was prompted to reset my password again. Ok reset with a new password, just in case. Logged out of the forum and was prompted AGAIN to reset my password when I logged in. Now, every time I log in, I am prompted to reset my password. Something is amiss...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jFred,

That is quite odd. You should only have to do so once. Please let me know if the problem continues... we'll need to get our forum provider involved. Thank you.

Ben

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben. Yep, definitely happening. I just had to re-reset my password to log into the forum.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I saw some weirdness too. Not sure what was happening but eventually it was fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrC: Thanks for chiming in! If you encounter any further issues, please let us know. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jFred: Do you maybe have a password reset URL saved in your forum Login item in 1Password, or bookmarked? If you could record a video and send it along with any other details to support+forum@1password.com that would be great. We'll look into it with the forum software provider, Vanilla.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Same as above. I thought I was the only one with the issue. All's well now though, I was attempting a new password change from 1Password 7.4.x for iOS and Mobile Safari, iOS 13.2.2. Changed password 2 or 3 times.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully all is well now, but if you encounter further issues please let us know.

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

Still happening. Sending video and some details to the email address shortly. I see the standard info in the URL saved in 1Password for the Forum.

Thx for the followup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email.

ref: KAB-14477-897

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

This issue is solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update :+1: I am glad to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.