Unable to login for plug-in on Firefox 60 on CentOS6

What version of Firefox is required to use 1Password X with a 1Password account on my.1password.com?

I am currently using multiple OS'es for different customer projects and I would like to be able to also use 1Password X on CentOS6.
CentOS6 has Firefox 60.9.0esr (64-bit) and I was able to install the 1Password X browser plug-in (1.16.2) correctly.

However when I want to login to my 1Password account I get the following error:

Can’t sign in.

OperationError: The operation failed for an operation-specific reason

I triple checked my Secret Key and Master Password, but it's just not working. Is Firefox 60 not supported with the plug-in or with the 1password.com service? If so, it would be nice if the 1Password X Firefox plug-in would detect that and tell me up front ;-).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: CentOS 6.10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to login on Firefox 60 on CentOS6

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jorik! Thanks for getting in touch. Can you try signing into your account at https://my.1password.com? Are you still getting the same error? If there's any sort of error code, please paste it here so I can see what my team has to say about it.

• Samantha4141
    Samantha4141
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hi @kaitlyn, I have a similar question... I'm trying to sign into my.1password.com and it's asking for a secret key. According to 1password's own instructions, I won't have one because I bought a standalone license:
    "Do I have a Secret Key?

You have a Secret Key if you have a 1Password membership, or if you belong to a family or team account.

If you purchased a standalone license for 1Password, then you don’t have a Secret Key, and you don’t need to sign in when you open the app."

Yet when I try to sign it, it says invalid secret key. I even followed the directions for the app to make sure I don't have one, and when I go to accounts there's nothing there because I'm not part of a family or team. So I don't have one, but the website won't let me sign in without it. I'm only trying to sign in so I can install the Firefox plugin.

How the heck can I sign in?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Samantha4141! Welcome to the forum!

Yet when I try to sign it, it says invalid secret key.

As you correctly said, if you don't have a Secret Key, you won't be able to sign into the website. Can you please clarify what you are trying to enter in the Secret Key field, since you said you don't have one?

I'm only trying to sign in so I can install the Firefox plugin.

1Password X is the browser extension that is only available to 1Password subscribers. If you don't have a subscription, and therefore you don't have a Secret Key either, you need to download the companion browser extension. You will be able to use that one without a Secret Key :)

• Samantha4141
    Samantha4141
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana! I just added that companion app to Firefox, but on my plugins bar it's greyed out and clicking on it does nothing. I've disabled/enabled it to see if that would help, but it still won't work. Any tips?

When the other login was asking for a secret key, I was leaving the field blank and it said invalid.

Also I realized that I may have posted this in the wrong thread, so I apologize for that!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries @Samantha4141! :)

Can you please let us know what version of Firefox this is happening with? Also the 1Password app version that you are using would be useful, so we can try to reproduce the issue here.

• jorik
    jorik
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn (and others),

When going to the website mentioned by you, I do not see any error code, just the same error message. I am unable to upload a screenshot at the moment. When I click on the image button above the text field, no dialog opens up. For the link button I do see a little dialog, but it remains empty for the image button.

So here is a link to the screenshot from my Dropbox: Screenshot.png

Thanks,
    Jorik

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that @jorik! I've asked our team that works on the 1Password web app in hopes I can grab some more info from them. In the meantime, would you mind grabbing a copy of your browser logs so we can see if there are any errors there? You can find our guide that explains how to obtain your logs here.

• jorik
    jorik
    Community Member

Should I copy the log info here? The Console Log shows that it could give other people access to my 1Password data.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jorik:

Please don't post the logs here. You send them to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• jorik
    jorik
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana. This is my ticket number: [#HRC-91978-812]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Thanks! I'll let Kaitlyn know you sent it. :)

ref: HRC-91978-812

To be clear, outdated browsers are not something we can support, but if there's a workaround we'll let you know.

• raamana
    raamana
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem here.

"Having trouble signing-in?" isn't very helpful. It's making me run around in circles, from error to email and then to error gain. I've the correct key, email and master password. They work on my Mac. Please fix this asap. thanks.

• raamana
    raamana
    Community Member

Funny enough I do get an email saying I was able to successfully login (which confirms my data entry was correct), but that's not true as I can't use it at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@raamana: Can you provide some details? What OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions are you using there, and what are the exact steps you're taking where you're running into trouble?

• jorik
    jorik
    Community Member

I also received that sign in notification email. It seems the login is successful, but then something else fails on the 1Password website. I was in contact with 1Password support and they could not reproduce the problem. I just tried Firefox 60.9.0esr on Windows 7 and there it does work. However the Firefox 60.9.0esr from CentOS6 still does not work.

Update: While typing this I noticed, CentOS6 has an updated Firefox 68.2.0esr. After updating it works for me, including the 1Password X browser plugin! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jorik: Thanks for the update! Glad that you we're able to get things working by updating Firefox, as version 60 is incredibly old. Our of curiosity, do you know what the error message you were getting was?

• jorik
    jorik
    Community Member

It’s in the topic start message 😉:

Can’t sign in.

OperationError: The operation failed for an operation-specific reason

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming that was still the case, as that was about a month ago. ;)

This discussion has been closed.