CRX_HEADER_INVALID in Opera

Hello,

Today I upgraded my Mac to Catalina 10.15, installed Opera and found that the plugin downloaded from 1password page does not work. I can't install it constantly getting CRX_HEADER_INVALID error.

I tried to close/open the browser, restart mac, drag&drop the extension - nothing works.

Can you help guys?

Thanks
maczek

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Catalina 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Community Member

same problem with mojave was ok before doing a clean reinstall of mojave (10.14.6)
    ok on chrome and firefox

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@maczek and @Cl@us-Hansen.dk:

Are you using this link to download the Opera extension? And are you clicking on it directly inside your Opera browser?

• Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Community Member

Yes and Yes
    it worked seamlessly until I made a new install of Mojave and Opera (it's an appstore version 6.8.9) all other work ok as it usually does

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cl@us-Hansen.dk:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tried installing the Opera extension here and I was able to do it without errors, Can you please try dragging the .crx file that you downloaded to the open Opera window, instead of clicking on it? And if you get the error message at this point, can you please post a screenshot of it?

• Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Cl@us-Hansen.dk
    Community Member

Has fixed it, the bug is with Opera.
    I installed an old version (48) and everything works again. Also after updating to the latest version (65)
    Thanks for your help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! And thank you for the update @Cl@us-Hansen.dk :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

I have the same problem too. It worked previously, until I've deleted Opera and installed it again (don't ask ;-)). Now I have version 65 and I suppose this is the problem (previously I've had 64). The same version of extension as OP, but lates App Store 1P (7.4.1).

• Hey @ftpd! Can you please try downloading from the Chrome Web Store, if you haven't done so already?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

This discussion has been closed.