Can't sign in via chrome. Error "Can’t sign in. Request timed out. This probably means..."

Can’t sign in to our business Team account. Getting this message:

"Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down."
The status is fine. My internet is fine.
Chrome78, Apple OS 10.15.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: web version
Referrer: forum-search:Can’t sign in. Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rbpanush: You may be connected to the internet, but that won't matter if something is preventing 1Password from connecting. That's typically caused by "security" software, proxies, VPNs, or others interfering with the establishment of a secure connection. The connection will be rejected by the server otherwise. But it sounds like it may not be getting even that far. What do you have that might be interfering? Does it work in a different app/browser?

• rbpanush
    rbpanush
    Community Member

The app worked and my other browser worked so it must have been a connectivity hiccup on the 1pass side. I could not even load this support page yesterday but it's working today. Thanks for responding!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Indeed, if you couldn't connect to this website because of some connection issue it makes sense that the 1Password.com web interface would not work as that has much higher security and bandwidth requirements, whereas this is a fairly standard web forum. Anyway, glad to hear that all is well now, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.