Duplicate data after migrating to 1Password Families

This discussion was created from comments split from: DELETE Family Member.

Comments

• TheGrants
    TheGrants
    Community Member

Hi,
    My wife had the free version of app on her phone long before I created a family account. When she accepted the invitation to join the family, my wife says that all the data she had on her free version duplicated. She wants to keep her free version and also join the family. Is there any way she can do that without the duplication effect? As a test, I suspended her and that got rid of the duplicates, but of course, that's not the status we'd like. Also, the warning that appears during the delete family member process says that it will "delete all the data in their Private vault." That's referring to a private vault the member may have within the family account, right? If I deleted my wife, the data on her free version would be unaffected?
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheGrants: That will happen when you've got a local (Primary) vault, copy its data to the 1Password account, and then have both in the app still: you'll see data from both in the All Vaults view. It sounds like she just needs to delete the old vault from 1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary, if all of its data is already in the 1Password membership account (easy to confirm by signing into https://start.1password.com in a browser). Deleting their account from the family membership would be very counterproductive to you accomplishing the opposite: having her use 1Password Families with you.

• TheGrants
    TheGrants
    Community Member

Thanks!
    We’re figuring it out now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome! Let us know how it goes :)

This discussion has been closed.