Chrome Browser Extension

Super frustrated. I downloaded and installed the new Chrome browser extension on my personal Mac at the direction of a 1Password support person, when my installed 1Password app stopped working with my Chrome browser. That was great - except it also automatically installed the extension on my Work computer (where I have the same Google account) and I don't want to have 1Password on my work computer. Sooooo, I removed the Chrome extension from my work computer - but then it also uninstalled it from my home computer.

So annoying - I'm trying to get a lot accomplished this afternoon and I'm caught in some weird browser extension vortex because the stupid 1Password extension doesn't work intuitively. And getting support is a nightmare - no phone number, no chat, just this forum. Couldn't this all just be easier?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edeanjones2!

That was great - except it also automatically installed the extension on my Work computer (where I have the same Google account) and I don't want to have 1Password on my work computer. Sooooo, I removed the Chrome extension from my work computer - but then it also uninstalled it from my home computer.

Did you perhaps enable sync of your Google Chrome information on your devices? 1Password does not install automatically anywhere, so if this is happening to you, I think this is a Chrome feature that you activated. If so, you should disable it if you don't want 1Password to sync to all your devices automatically.

And getting support is a nightmare - no phone number, no chat, just this forum. Couldn't this all just be easier?

You can also email us at support@1password.com if you prefer using email.

• rucsi
    rucsi
    Community Member

What is super frustrating is that the chrome browser extension does not have fingerprint recognition and i have to use my PW every time i want to get any password. At the same time, when i want to save a new password for a newly created account, it prompts me to go to the same Chrome browser extension, but i have to do all the work manually. This is super annoying because before having to deal with the chrome extension, i could just use the 1PW icon from the top menu bar and autofill or create new logins. Also, what is the purpose of the desktop app if i need to open a new browser tab for each login i want to create?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rucsi:

What is super frustrating is that the chrome browser extension does not have fingerprint recognition and i have to use my PW every time i want to get any password.

From what you wrote, I understand that you are using 1Password X, rather than the companion extension. I think you should install the traditional extension instead, based on your requirements.

If you want to keep using 1Password X instead, you can upgrade to the Beta to have Desktop App Integration, which will allow you to unlock 1Password X with your fingerprint if you prefer :)

Also, what is the purpose of the desktop app if i need to open a new browser tab for each login i want to create?

You can create new logins in the desktop app too. What is the exact problem that you are seeing when you try to create a login with the desktop app?

This discussion has been closed.