Sync and migrate issues with 1Password on iOS

Options
heckler
heckler
Community Member

I’m running 7.4.4 on my iPhone, as is my wife. Her account appears to be syncing to Dropbox. Mine has no “sync” option in settings. Hers does. We have a 1Password account. I tried settings / advanced / migrate data to your account, but I got a page that says “we found two accounts.” I only have one account. When I tried to proceed, the migration doesn’t behave normally. Need help to get her data moved and stop using Dropbox for sync.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @heckler!

Has your wife been invited to your account already, and has she created an account from your email invitation?

• heckler
    heckler
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, yes she has been invited and accepted. She shows up in my 1Password.com under “people”

• heckler
    heckler
    Community Member
    Options

I checked again this morning, she is signed in to our 1Password.com account. Her “sync” menu allows me to sync her data to Dropbox, which is how we used to sync all our passwords. However, when I go to the “advance” menu and try to migrate her data, the next screen shows “add an account” rather than the one she is already signed into. When I choose the “add an account” option, the next screen does show our account, but selecting it just brings me to a page showing our information. There is no option to migrate on that screen. I guess I could sign out of the account and then sign back in?? Would like some guidance here as her information is diverging due to sync issues. I would also like to avoid duplicating passwords / logins / etc. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@heckler:

However, when I go to the “advance” menu and try to migrate her data, the next screen shows “add an account” rather than the one she is already signed into.

Instead of migrating data that way, can you please try moving your items from the current Dropbox vault to the 1Password Families vault? That won't require you to do anything else such as logging out ;)

• heckler
    heckler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana, I tried what you suggested and deleted the Dropbox vault. The “sync” option in my wife’s phone has disappeared and her phone seems to be updating to the 1Password.com account. Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @heckler! I am glad to hear that everything is working :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.