Printing

I have read, and agree, with the idea of not having hard copy of passwords etc. However, (and why would I be writing this if I did not have a "However"??), I use 1P for much more than just passwords. For example, I have created an Appliance template and am steadily logging in all our appliances with serial#, warranty expiry date etc. etc. Sometimes I would like to be able to print out the contents of such a note. Currently I use the windows snipping tool. This works but it would be nice if certain parts of 1P could be allowed a print function.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42 - thanks for the request. For the very reasons you stated, that one is not near the top of our priority list in terms of what to work on next. It just isn't a good idea to have printed copies of most of the data you store in 1Password lying around in "hard copy" format, for reasons with which it sounds like you're already familiar.

Having said that, I can see how having a printed copy of items that aren't necessarily secret, such as appliance details, might be useful. In 1Password for Windows, there is the option to export records in a text file, which could then be printed:

• Select one or more records
    • Right-click and choose "Export"
    • Select a destination on your hard drive to save items

From there, you can open in Notepad or another text editor of your choice, and print. I'd strongly urge caution here, however, as those records you export are (obviously) in unencrypted format, so make sure you destroy any such files once you've gotten the printouts you're after. Hope that helps! :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks. The export output is not as clean as using the snip tool. I understand/accept all the reservations about printing.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

Exported files that you get out of the current version of 1Password 7 for Windows might not be as clear as expected and we are planning to fix it in the future. Please stay tuned for our future updates and let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.