Icon in Dock is default Apple Application one not nice 1Pasword round lock one

matbic
matbic
Community Member

Hi If I look at the iPassword7.app file information in finder it shows the nice round lock icon. However, in the dock we get the "page with an A" default apple icon.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@matbic: While I haven't had that happen with 1Password, I have a lot of them and it occurs fairly regularly with others -- the default generic "app" icon. I really don't know why it happens or what the real solution is since that's a macOS thing and not a 1Password thing. Usually it happens due to an update, I guess because macOS hasn't cached the icon after for whatever reason, and I just ignore it until it eventually fixes itself (happen with Battle.net a few days ago and it's fine now). You could try rebooting, and/or installing a fresh copy of the app to hopefully get macOS to grab it. Otherwise you'd need to ask Apple for suggestions. :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

The easiest for me is to drag the offending icon off the dock and remove it. Then launch the application from the applications folder and pin it to the dock. But that's just my OCD talking. :chuffed:
    I agree an update seems to cause it.

• matbic
    matbic
    Community Member

yes I did reinstall the application, will try a reboot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thightower: Stupidly, I never even thought to try that. I will next time. Thank you! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.