Login on different iOS device

Options
ricm68
ricm68
Community Member

I'm trying to login on my ipad with my account but it's not accepting my existing master password that works on my iPhone.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ricm68

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you look in 1Password > Settings > Vaults on the iPhone do you see a vault called "Primary?" If so that means you unlock 1Password on your iPhone using a different password than your 1Password.com account's Master Password. The latter is what you need in order to add your account on your iPad.

Ben

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

The vault on my iPhone says primary

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

I am subscribed since Oct ber 2019 but never received an email other than my bill. No security key and want to a add my account to 1password.com

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

@ricm68

To get a better picture of the situation I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109368/login-on-different-ios-device#latest
    • Your forum username: ricm68

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: ZBB-61381-249

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to create the diagnostics report but it doesn't generate anything, it only brings up a screen that shows
    To:
    Cc/Bbc: and the subject. I can only edit the subject, that's all.

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

What should I do now?

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

Do you need my invoice number?

• TimCB
    TimCB
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. The app on my iPad will not accept my master password, however my iPhone and desktop both accept the master password with no problems.

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

Are you able to generate a diagnostic? There is no way generate one from the iOS app

• TimCB
    TimCB
    Community Member
    Options

I tried by clicking in the link he provided using my iPad. It generated something, not sure what though

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

On my end it didn't generate anything. It only show a blank page of an email

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hello Ben, thanks. I have another problem. I registered for a year on October of this year and never receive the email with the kit with my security key. I'm trying to add my account to 1 password.com but I can't.
    This is my proof of membership:
    Bill to: RicM68
    Account: RicM68
    Date: October 20, 2019
    Invoice ID: [removed by 1Password staff; this is a public forum]
    How can I fix my problem?
    I will really appreciate your help.
    Thanks.

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hello Ben, thanks. I have another problem. I registered for a year on October of this year and never receive the email with the kit with my security key. I'm trying to add my account to 1 password.com but I can't.
    This is my proof of membership:
    Bill to: RicM68
    Account: RicM68
    Date: October 20, 2019
    Invoice ID: [removed by 1Password staff; this is a public forum]
    How can I fix my problem?
    I will really appreciate your help.
    Thanks.

• ricm68
    ricm68
    Community Member
    Options

I am subscribed since Oct ber 2019 but never received an email other than my bill. No security key and want to add my account to 1 password.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TimCB: The 1Password app will unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there. If you have a Primary vault, and you have setup a different Master Password for that than your 1Password membership account, you will need to enter whatever you set for the Primary vault. We can continue the conversation via email to avoid confusion and duplication of effort though since you're already being helped there. Sending messages in multiple places just slows down response time for everyone -- including you.

ref: ZBB-61381-249

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@ricm68: Since you've also contacted us via email already and we cannot discuss account details here in a public forum, I'll close this and we'll continue the conversation there instead to avoid confusion and slowing down the the support process for everyone by trying to do this in multiple places at once.

ref: WMN-52118-711

But in case it helps anyone else, account credentials are never emailed to you, as we never have them. The Secret Key, etc. can be found in the app/browser where you signed up, under either Preferences/Settings > Accounts, or your Profile page:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

This discussion has been closed.