Hacker News: Autofill does not work when creating a new password

Options

I was resetting my password on https://news.ycombinator.com/ when I noticed that the autofill does not work. I click on the generate new password option, and I expect that the new password is filled on the new password fields, and that a popup appears asking if the new password is to be saved as a new entry, or overwrite an existing entry.

But that does not happen.

Seems to be the case both when changing password, and resetting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @arunsathiya! I'm unable to reproduce this on my machine. Can you tell me what browser you're using?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arunsathiya: I took a look at this as well on my Windows machines, and am not having trouble using 1Password X there in Chrome to 1) fill the current password, 2) fill a Suggested Password, and 3) update the existing Login item. That said, I'm using the beta, so that may just be something we've improved recently. You could either use that yourself to get all the new stuff first, otherwise we'll hopefully have an update available to everyone on the stable channel before long. Cheers! :)

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member
    Options

@cecelia @brenty I just had a chance to test again, and it seems to be working fine on 1Password X on my MacBook Air. I do not remember if I had used 1Password X on Windows earlier, but if I run into this issue again, I will followup here. All good at the moment! Thank you! 🙌🏽

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. We're here if you need us though. Happy holidays! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.