Updated to 1Password 7 – shortcuts doesn't work

rich_brat
rich_brat
Community Member

Hi!
I know there are tons of questions about this but I don't have the time to look for answers to all my questions and try to implement various changes until I get where I want. All I want is this (so it works exactly as earlier versions):

1. When I enter a website with a login form I want to be able to press command + ' to open the 1Password login suggestions, use the arrow keys to choose the right login (if there are multiple logins for the same website) and then press Enter to fill in the form.
  2. I want this to work exactly the same in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
  3. I want the vault to be stored in one place, and of course I only need one vault.
  4. I want the vault to be stored locally and never sync to another unit, the cloud or wherever. If I want to export the vault I will do this manually to a local file via the settings menu.

Is this possible with 1Password 7 and in that case, how? I have a license from 2016.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rich_brat! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, all of this is possible in 1Password 7. You will need to purchase a new license for it however, since version 7 is a paid upgrade, and if you purchased your license in 2016, it was way back before 1Password 7 was released.

• rich_brat
    rich_brat
    Community Member

Ok thanks @ag_ana! I'm trying to buy a new license now and I am asked to create/enter my main password on your website. After that 1Password wants to copy the primary vault to a new account.

1. Why should I save my password on a website if I want to run everything locally?
    2. Why is it copied? And more important, to where is it copied? To another vault on my laptop or to the cloud somewhere?
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rich_brat:

It sounds like you are trying to sign up for a 1Password.com subscription account. Are you sure this is really what you want? From what you wrote in your first post, it sounded like you were interested in a license instead.

• rich_brat
    rich_brat
    Community Member

@ag_ana No I have no idea how to do this, that's why I started this thread. Could you please guide me through this step by step – where do I buy a license? What settings should I make to only allow the vault to exist locally? How do I set up the keyboard shortcuts? Etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rich_brat:

where do I buy a license?

All you need to do is to download 1Password 7 from our website and install it. The first time you launch it, you should also see an option to purchase a license right within the app. At that point you can choose to create a new, empty local vault.

What settings should I make to only allow the vault to exist locally?

By default, vaults are not synced anywhere, so if you want your vault to remain local on your device, you simply have to avoid configuring sync after creating the vault.

How do I set up the keyboard shortcuts?

You can do this under 1Password Preferences > General tab, in the Keyboard shortcuts section:

Etc.

You can change any other app setting directly in the Preferences of the app, in the relevant tab. If you need specific tutorials, you can also find all of them on our support website.

• rich_brat
    rich_brat
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

@ag_ana Ok thanks! Well I downloaded from App Store and I haven't found anything about buying a new license. Maybe something popped up instantly after installing, can't remember. Do I need to install again?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rich_brat:

Yes, it's important that you install 1Password 7 from our website, as per my previous post: the Mac App Store version only supports 1Password Membership accounts, so that explains why you did not see the option to purchase a license there.

• rich_brat
    rich_brat
    Community Member

@ag_ana Works like a charm with the license, thanks!

• I'm glad to hear that worked out, @rich_brat. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.