Does it cost extra for team account members to also use 1Password on their mobile phones?

rsiek
rsiek
Community Member

Also can team account members access a shared vault, but also each have a private vault that isn’t shared?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does it cost extra for team account members to also use 1Password on their mobile phones?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsiek! Welcome to the forum!

Does it cost extra for team account members to also use 1Password on their mobile phones?

No, with a 1Password Teams account, every member can use 1Password on all of their devices at no additional cost.

Also can team account members access a shared vault, but also each have a private vault that isn’t shared?

Yes :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rsiek: To clarify, each team member you invite gets their own Private vault (which only they can ever access) as well as access to any other vaults shared with them:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

But people you invite as guests have access to only a single vault you explicitly share with them -- no Private vault:

Share with guests in your team

Cheers! :)

• rsiek
    rsiek
    Community Member

Thank you for your prompt replies. I have used 1Password for years now and love it. With the clarification you have provided I will be recommending that the church I belong to obtain a Team license for the staff.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rsiek: That's great! And thanks for your support! I'm glad that I was able to help a bit, but I'd encourage you to reach out to business@1password.com so we can help you and the flock get setup, and answer any other questions along the way. :chuffed:

• AcesN8s
    AcesN8s
    Community Member

I signed up with 1password at the end of October for my business. I added myself and my two employees as team members and was charged for 3 additional accounts. I was under the impression that all employee accounts were free. Why did I get charged?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I was under the impression that all employee accounts were free. Why did I get charged?

Sorry for the misunderstanding @AcesN8s. Each user in a 1Password Teams or Business account is paid separately, as per our pricing page: "Plans are USD per user monthly when billed annually."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AcesN8s: To add to what Ana said, there is no such thing as "employee accounts". Each "normal" user account in the membership is charged equally per month/year. The only exception is that you will have a limited number of guests included which will have access to only a single vault you explicitly share with them. I hope this helps! :)

• AcesN8s
    AcesN8s
    Community Member

Guess it wasn’t very clear. Nor was there any indication to the charges until I received a bill the following day. Guess I will no better in the future. Really should be some clearer warnings.

• AcesN8s
    AcesN8s
    Community Member

As well, it’s late and maybe I am overlooking it on the pricing page. But I see no clarity to charges for employees. It seems very misleading to me. And again no indication of any kind of charges until it was done and over and I received the receipt.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AcesN8s: 1Password Business includes a 1Password Families account for each person you invite. 1Password Business is not free, only the accompanying family membership for each person whom you invite and are paying for.

• AcesN8s
    AcesN8s
    Community Member

I get that now. Again is not clear at all until it is too late. It should be clearly stated somehow. Or at the very least a notice that “hey your about to add $300 in charges, is that ok?” But absolutely nothing until I received the receipt. And it’s not posted anywhere. Only the “free family account for all employees “. I understand it clearly now. After the damage is done. But it’s misleading and lacks any indication that you are being charged till well after the fact. Again a simple “accept these charges “ prompt prior to just taking the money would be the ethical way to do business. At least I would have had an idea.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You can view your next invoice at any time in your account:

https://start.1password.com/billing

And if you ever have any questions about this sort of thing, we're available to answer them.

• AcesN8s
    AcesN8s
    Community Member

You’re completely avoiding or not understanding what I am saying. But good to know. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

Not at all. I just don't know how to make it clearer.

As Ana mentioned earlier, the 1Password Business page on our main website, at the top of the same page you showed earlier, it specifies that the cost is per user:

Similarly, that's specified when you setup billing for your account:

And there's a breakdown in your invoice, from one month up to a full year before you are actually billed (depending on the plan you chose), showing the breakdown of exactly how many users you have and the cost based on that. If you have any other questions about your membership, please reach out to business@1password.com so we can discuss the specifics, as that's not an option here due to privacy given that this is a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.