I'm trying to figure out why all my logins just disappeared from my account. Any cause at your end?

Options
fly65
fly65
Community Member

1Password was working fine yesterday (and maybe even earlier this morning, I'm not sure) but this afternoon I had troubling opening it. I noticed that my WiFi was turned off and figured that was the problem, but then when I was able to get into 1Password all of my logins were missing! The account was there, just no logins or passwords or anything. So then -- with some panic -- I got into my account on another computer but was at a "change my password" screen. Thinking this was (maybe) a glitch logged in on another computer and it also was prompting for a change my password. I had to change my password to login to this Forum. Question: was something happening at your end that could have caused this or should I, indeed, change my passwords? p.s. I use a PC, Mac and iPhone. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm trying to figure out why all my logins just disappeared from my account. Any cause at your end?

Comments

• fly65
    fly65
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that I "found" all my passwords so the problem is just about all the unusual behavior and messages -- does it signal a problem at either your end or mine?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fly65! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DAT-39367-448

• fly65
    fly65
    Community Member
    Options

Ag_ana sent a response early this morning (around 3am CST) to my earlier question about a possible glitch in the system that made all my passwords and logins disappear. She said the discussion would continue by email but I've received no follow-up email. And when I went to the forum discussion it was marked "closed". Please, the most important question right now is should I change all my passwords?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I'm trying to figure out why all my logins just disappeared from my account. Any cause at your end?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fly65:

Please keep in mind that you emailed in on a weekend, and on a holiday week. We will get back to everyone in the order they emailed in however. Unfortunately posting in multiple places is only going to slow down support times for everyone, including you.

In any case, I don't see a reason to change all your passwords from what you wrote. You didn't really clarify what you did (you just wrote that you found them), so I would prefer for someone to look at your message first to see what really happened.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.