Is there a way to browse by category in 1Password Mini?

In 1Password mini version 6 it was possible to locate items by browsing categories, i.e. I could easily see all items in one category without knowing the names I used to create those items.
In version 7+, however, the only way I see to locate an item is to search for it, and the trick is that if I don't remember the name of the item I'm looking for (or any of the keywords), I won't be able to find it. Also, the name of a category is not associated as a keyword for items within the category, i.e. a search for "credit cards" or "bank accounts" doesn't work.

The question is, is there any way I can filter the list of items to items from a category?

It seems very fitting to add a list of categories to the dropdown after "All Items" and "Favorites" options.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@silnijlos If you click once on "All Items" or "Favorites" or "Suggestions" do you not see a list of categories below that? hth

• silnijlos
    silnijlos
    Community Member

@vplewis Let me add a couple of screenshots:

So the dropdown itself only has 3 options: "Suggested", "All Items", and "Favorites". When I select "All items" it simply shows a plain list of everything I have, without grouping.

Am I missing something?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@silnijlos I may have discovered a new feature of 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2.BETA-0 (70402000) 1Password Beta. Here is my version of your Screenshots. If so, you could switch to the beta or wait til it gets added to the release version. hth

• silnijlos
    silnijlos
    Community Member

@vplewis Ah, I see! Yep, that's what I was looking for. Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @silnijlos! Sorry for the delay in our response here. And thanks for taking the time to pitch in, @vplewis! This actually doesn't have anything to do with the beta version; if you're using the current stable release (7.4.1) of 1Password for Mac, you should be able to achieve what vplewis sees by clicking 1Password > Preferences > Mini (it's a new preference panel in version 7!), and choose to show categories in menu (not sub-menu or off):

Let me know how that goes for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.