Exporting from 1password v1.0.9.342 fails with "1password has encountered a problem."

Options

I have exported data exactly the same way one month ago and it has worked.
File / Export / Tab-delimited text / all logins

Since then I have changed nothing but it doesn't work anymore.
Can someone help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @catalpis! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please clarify what you mean exactly by "doesn't work"? Where exactly are you getting stuck, and what happens when you do? Thank you!

• catalpis
    catalpis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your Quick Response.
    After I did this:
    File / Export / Tab-delimited text / all logins
    immediately a popup appears wihich sais:
    "1password has encountered a problem."
    I can choose to send a failure report, but I don't want to send all personal data.
    If you need the data of this report I can send to you here.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catalpis:

Thank you for the additional information. Before we try looking at the diagnostics report, can you please confirm what version of 1Password you are running, and on what version of Windows?

• catalpis
    catalpis
    Community Member
    Options

1password: v1.0.9.342
    Windows 7 ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catalpis: 1Password for Windows version 1 was discontinued many years ago. So it definitely isn't something that changed with that. Either some other software is interfering, or the data itself has become damaged. Can you tell me what you're trying to accomplish exactly? It sounds like you already exported the data, so I'm not understanding why you're trying to do that again now. Let me know what you're trying to achieve, and I'll see what I can recommend.

• catalpis
    catalpis
    Community Member
    Options

When I exported data one month ago I exported only the Category "Logins".
    In the meantime, I have some changes in this category, which I don't know one by one.
    All other categoriey I haven't exported, but this is necessary now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catalpis: Sorting by date modified may help. But ultimately 1Password version 1 is not supported on any recent Windows releases. I'd recommend upgrading to 1Password 7, and you can get that and all the other apps and updates as part of a 1Password membership, so you won't be stuck with something outdated again. But at the very least I'd suggest trying 1Password 4. However, exported data is plaintext and not at all secure, so exporting often is not at all recommended, as you'd need to destroy that afterward or risk having sensitive information hanging around indefinitely.

• catalpis
    catalpis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    sorting has not helped. So I have signed in for a 1passowrd account. As I wanted to install 1Password 7 for Windows (1PasswordSetup-7.3.712.exe), it said right at the beginning "Your 1Password data is not compatible with this 1Password version. Error ID. opw-db-10."
    This is a joke. I first want to install the desktop version, then I want to import data. I hope this is possible via the 1Password Interchange File?
    Can you help me?

• This likely has nothing to do with the actual data that you want, @catalpis, but definitely is a bit alarming and I'm sorry about that. This message is something of a stopgap while we add a feature to tidy these things up automatically – it's telling us that you have some super old 1Password data on this PC most likely from a version of 1Password 6. Since your data is currently available in 1Password 4, the data 1Password 7 is complaining about is likely super old and not of any use to you at all. All the same, better safe than sorry, so go ahead and give this a go for me:

1. Make sure 1Password 7 isn't running.
    2. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password to search, then press enter.
    3. In this folder, rename the data folder to data-backup.
    4. Start 1Password 7 again.

You should be able to import your 1Password 4 data from there. Apologies for the trouble here – that error message definitely isn't perfect, but before we introduced it, all that would happen is 1Password would silently fail and we'd have to suss out that there was old data we had to get rid of. For the moment, this at least lets us in support know what the problem is out the gate so that we can just take care of it rather than having to narrow things down over the course of several replies so it's an improvement while we work on something better that will take care of things for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.